Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring Break

Spring Break has officially started, 10 minutes ago. Ellie had a half day today, so here we go.... There is always a certain amount of anxiety about going into the 'unknown', of a week with us all home. Hopefully it will go smoothly, but experience tells us differently.

Last night we finally saw our good friends Mary and Cindy after what seems like months. Their son, Marc, is in the P-hosp. We actually met them a few years ago when Matt and Marc were roommates in the hosp. We were only allowed to see the kids for an hour a day, so it was easy to spot another two mom family. We struck up a friendship, and had our first real life friends with a kid just like ours. It is our life line, and not seeing them for a few months has been hard, but they work in the tax industry.
Last night Cindy fixed an awesome dinner! She grilled marinated steaks, made baked potatoes, sauteed zucchini with tomatoes, salad, and fresh fruit. I'm going to get mileage off of this dinner for a long time, in my memory.... Cindy is an incredible Chef. We love it when she comes to our house and plays Iron Chef. She can pull random items from our fridge, freezer, and cabinets and make a gourmet meal!
The kids are usually good there and last night was no exception. They have both stayed overnight with M and C on various occasions. They know that they run their house just like ours, manipulations won't work. We love that! Both have been punished there, by us, and nobody is going to save them or feel sorry for them. We refuse to not go over to see our friends or leave because one of the kids is acting out. One or the other might be sitting at our feet, but nobody bats an eye. It feels like this has been an extra long tax season, and we have really missed having our friends!
So being at the Domestic Diva's house last night has re-inspired me to pull this place together. I must say outloud though that I did see one very tiny pile in her dining room! She's making new curtains, and had the material neatly folded...but it was still a pile in my opinion! I was supposed to have two rooms totally complete before Spring Break. I have been making progress. I actually even went out earlier in the week and cleaned out my front garden beds. I had one flower blooming, that I accidently pulled out, oops. The dining room is cleared out, but I do need to finish painting. There are no remains of my e-bay business, which is a huge accomplishment!
I have two hours before Matt is home. Maybe Spring break can officially start then!

No comments:

Post a Comment